Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Peanut butter cookies?
Spent two weeks buried in the HF dissertation topic.
Met Dr M at the BMA convention where we had lunch tgt and she offered assistance... Got lots of help from Dr M, finally sent off my first draft (Mon night 10pm) even though its
- ~4100 words instead of 2500,
- has an entire section written in point form,
- is missing one section which I've decided does not and will not exist,
- is lacking an abstract and conclusion,
- has quite a few blocks that need to be rewritten to avoid counts of plagiarism,
- is missing the diagrams and in text citations,
- does not have the references.
Looking at this list of Things-That-Are-Wrong-With-My-Dissertation
I feel that my supervising lecturer is gg to send it back any minute now saying, "This is crap. I can't read, mark or comment on this crap. Please scrap it and rewrite and save my brain from meltdown..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Met up V&J the same night I sent it off, and played late-night texas poker, which I was winning, and "In-between", which I sadly lost... reached home at 3.30 and slept at 6.30am - got to phase out the late nights slowly...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday - Baking!!!Used my premade frozen crust to make an Crumble-topped Apple Pie
(as opposed to my simple apple crumble)
And tried out a peanut butter cookie recipe as I have been dying to do ever since
Experienced my very first PB cookie at Subway!Sentosa.
Ok, it did NOT work out. I don't like it.
There's a weirdness about the taste that I can't describe - like there's some kind of burn or something that lingers in your mouth after eating a bite. I can't figure it out... Is it underdone or is there too much Flour:Sugar or what?
Apple pie was just fine though I was too cautious - it could use more apple next time...
Usually my crumble has a bit of that weird burn-thingy too though much less pronounced then the PB cookies. This time it disapeared - and I still don't know why!!! If I did I could modify the PBs! D*@# it!!! What IS that weird taste????!!!!!
...alright, alright calm down... here's the pictures....



Labels: Food, Kvetch, Mundanus
mon chef d'oeuvre
8:51 pm
__Mary Had
0 little lamb(s)__
0 agnelet:
Give lamb to Mary