Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Dog Trainer - Fail...
My dog only recognises food... haiz...
First of all, my Princess is half-trained... I'm trying to get her to recognise her name properly now but she keeps looking at the food instead of me when I call her... haiz... The methods I've been reading up online don't seem to be working... I don't really know how to train her without treating and she isn't all that into performing for hugs and pets... withholding attention doesn't work with Princess cause she doesn't seem to care either way...
Everything is complicated cuz there's that other dog interfering with anything I do... Her name is Creamy and I don't like her. This is because I keep feeling that she's not My dog - she's the dog my father wanted and forced onto us without bothering to do any of the training. I resent her presence and attention-seeking behaviour (everytime I want to pet my Princess that idiot dog comes and 'butt's her away). Creamy is also not properly house-broken. My Princess has been paper-trained since our old house. Creamy used to be fenced-in with paper-bedding as a puppy before coming to us so to her, newspaper is the sleeping place not the toilet... I haven't found out how to break this habit... Furthermore, none of my family members bother with training the dogs and such but no one listens to me either - so I have ppl giving different commands for one action, teaching the pets bad habits like begging for food and doing things like yelling at them and smacking them, or worse, feeding them when they bark - which doesn't work anyway and gets them more aggressive and is not conducive at all to training...
I feel that I need to separate them and re-train them separately before putting them back tgt again... unfortunately the two dogs object loudly to being separated at all... I need help that I can't get... I would probably need someone to take charge of one dog while I try to train the other... I need things beyond my means that I can't get - like some fencing and stuff... Haiz... dunno what to do...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My #1 dog is camera-shy and The Annoying One is attention-seeking...
So I have pictures of the small dog but no nice ones of my Princess...
I mean, just look at the ones I've got:
Princess

Creamy

Don't be fooled by her cuteness
- In my book, looks don't make up for personality...
Labels: Kvetch, Mundanus
mon chef d'oeuvre
10:06 pm
__Mary Had
0 little lamb(s)__
0 agnelet:
Give lamb to Mary