Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Strawberry-Lemon Tart....
Pilot attempt - SLT#1:For Jassie's bdae: I really hope it works but if it doesn't...
I'll just have to fall back on the cheesecake that I've mastered for Sumi!
Again, it is a combination tart;
...of Whole-lemon tart and Strawberry pastry cream fruit tart.
Recipe sounds dubious.... Whole lemon? with bitter pith and all that?
Thus far, awaiting tomorrow's taste test results...
*Fingers crossed*Here it is, the lemon curd:

I also learned how to make pastry cream which I now know is sticky and sweet,
is used in cream puffs and plain fruit tarts, and is different from custard...
Update: 4/3/09
SLT#1: Sliced side view

Too bitter and too sweet,
which seems contradictory but that's really how it tastes...
Need to make some changes....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update: 5/3/09 (Thurs)
SLT#2

Made for Jassie: but I think, a bit too sweet...
Removal of pith cut out the bitterness so it's much better....
(and less bitter :p)
but I think that threw off the sugar ratio, making it a lot sweeter than it should be...
I only hope the thicker crust will offset it and that it's edible...
(I still just can't help thinking if I might have been better off sticking with the cheesecake...)Hope it's ok but I'm just gonna present this to Jas 2mr night!!!
~~~Strawberries smell gooooood!~~~Ref: Whole-Lemon Tart, Strawberry Tart ...with my own personal tweaks
- Tag my cbox for the improved recipe!!!
Labels: Food
mon chef d'oeuvre
1:18 am
__Mary Had
0 little lamb(s)__
0 agnelet:
Give lamb to Mary