Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Peach Tart 2 and Banana Tarts 2 and 3...
One day of baking resulted in:






Teh peach tart is a nightmare. I had to bake it more than double the time stated in the recipe. The middle refused to be cooked! I must have had it in and out of the oven 3 or 4 times in all.
A good thing is that my modifications to the measurements worked perfectly; it filled up right, turned out edible and it is risen!@#$!
Which is more than I can say for the first attempt.
The end result of all that baking was a beautiful bronzed brown but I forgot to take a picture.
(it's lots darker than gold - dunno why ppl call it golden brown) The crust was really good - all crunchy and biscuit-ty - though I still didn't think much of the middlest part of the filling.
I'm thinking if I let it sit for the whole hour instead of the recipe's 30 mins the heat will spread all the way through. So tomorrow I will attempt this tart for the 3rd and final time.
I will succeed or die trying! ...Or at least my peach tart dream will die from trying...
I mean, seriously, if I don't get it right tomorrow that's the end of the line for me.

The irony of it is the peach tart turned out beautiful but was less than perfect.
The banana tart however, looks gruesomely blackened
(cuz of the cinnamon colouring it) but it's a sure thing for taste every time. I tried prettying it up with icing sugar but the sugar always melts within minutes on its sticky surface... haiz....
For the next time I'm considering a custard cap might work for a makeover... or glazed fruit... or i could smooth whipped cream over it.... or something...
Note: Decorating with banana slices make them turn black and tough
and is generally NOT GOOD. Do not do so in future.

Labels: Food
mon chef d'oeuvre
4:42 am
__Mary Had
0 little lamb(s)__
0 agnelet:
Give lamb to Mary