~~if you know me...
~~that's who i am...
~~if you don't know me...
~~you don't have to know...
...dependency... ...that's a feeling too, isn't it?
~~~~~~
...xx Mémoire
...xx Histoire
...xx Ami ~ (Friends) ~
...xx Papotis ~ (cbox) ~
...xx D'accueil ~ (Home) ~
Bienvenue à mon Blog Welcome to my Blog
Remember to tagpost comments after visiting!
Thanks and Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~
i do not know the path i travel.
i know not its direction.
i do not know where it ends.
nor know where i am going.
i do not know even, if i am following it.
do i even want to walk this way?
chrmystrl
~~~~~~~~
*Navigate with xx
Bienvenue à mon Blog Welcome to my Blog
Remember to tagpost comments after visiting!
Thanks and Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~
i do not know the path i travel.
i know not its direction.
i do not know where it ends.
nor know where i am going.
i do not know even, if i am following it.
Me? I'm a dabbler. I dabble a bit in French and a bit in Jap for fun and cuz it's interesting... but I'm not actively or seriously trying to learn it. I'd be taking a course if I was. Don't judge me for dabbling.
So anyway, one of the bigger problems with trying to pick up bits of French online, is that French isn't spelled the same way English is pronounced. It's hard to tell what a word, or composite word, should sound like based on spelling. To that end, I stumbled across a site that has French poetry and recitations. http://fleursdumal.org/audio.php I have this theory that listening to the recitations while staring at the French words will allow me to absorb their pronunciations by osmosis. If it works, I'll let you know... ^_^
This is the french version of the English song known as "Dream a little dream of me" I think it feels a bit more nostalgic and meaningful than the English version...
Translation: Professor Jacques Bereaud Cornell University Compiled by: mulder@wow.com
This memory I'm giving back to you. These memories, you know I have so many. Since we dreamed of passing days No need to change too much. This memory I'm taking from you. Memories like that happen to me all the time. If life mistakenly sets us apart, I'll get it from my drawer. I dream with my eyes open. It feels good. It does not go any farther. I don't look back Since I feel good. I wish tomorrow would come quick. A last glass of sherry. Sherry, my love, when I feel sad. All days look alike to me now. I miss you so terribly.