Thursday, January 01, 2009
Attempt at Peach Tart...
First time making pastry with pie shell...
Turned out it wasn't a very good attempt...
The disaster with the almond toasting step... TWICE!!!

I did salvage half of the second toasting to use tho... wasn't too burnt...
Note to self: Do not leave browned almond unattended in still-warm toaster, even if you
HAVE turned it off, you berk! *knocks self over with a trout to the noggin*
My marginally successful pre-baked crust...

Was spread a little thin as the recipe volumes were for an 18cm pan but mine was 23cm... I didn't adjust cause I wasn't sure what my pan size was till later...
and I also built the sides too deep - considering it should be a tart, not a pie...
Edges aren't too pretty though... Next time I'll use a fork or smtg to smooth them over... had trouble getting the rolled-out dough into the pan in one piece so i just pressed the broken off pieces back in place and to my surprise, it actually worked!
Tastes quite nice too... Great recipe!
I feel good about the crust. :) This means I can use it with other fillings maybe... like apple or various berries... Yay!
Here are my pretty peach slices for the filling...

The batter for the pie filling...

And... the final product!...

Let me tell you, icing sugar makes everything look a thousand times prettier...
It has to be the secret of cookbook pictures!
'Tis a revelation akin to the meaning of life...
The truth of the tart was... it was sadly undercooked... had to remove from the oven prematurely as the crust was browning and I was afraid it would burn...
the filling was inedible until I dissected the tart and re-baked the middle in my toaster oven...
I am greatly disheartened by the miserable failure of my Tart Start...
...and I was
so looking forward to having peach tart to eat this weekend... :'(
Ref:
Happy Homebaker's Peach Tart Recipe Friday: 02/01/09 18:06
Haiz... I am now itching to use the rest of my can of peach halves to make a 2nd go of it but have to restrain myself cause there's no one around to eat tart No.2 if I make it... Been occupying myself with thinking up the changes I have to make to the process for a tarty success...
Labels: Food
mon chef d'oeuvre
6:06 pm
__Mary Had
0 little lamb(s)__
0 agnelet:
Give lamb to Mary