Thursday, August 21, 2008
Tonsilitis is no piece of cake...
Alright.
I've decided to declare Monday, Aug 21, as the official day I recovered from tonsilitis.
Timeline:
Thursday, Aug 14 - I went "jogging" in the early morning
Friday afternoon - My muscles ache but that's to be expected from exercise right?
Friday night - It seems that isn't so. I'm feeling sick. Running a fever.
I have the ability to tell if i'm actually having fever even when the thermometer shows a normal range of temperature. This is true and I'm not bluffing even tho my mum thought I was and that 37.4 is not fever. In this case, it was borne out as I spent the next 4 days in bed with fever running on and off reaching 38.7 degrees. See, I know when I'm sick.
Tuesday morning, I stopped sleeping the whole day in bed,
waking only to take panadol, finishing an entire palette when I tot on friday night that a couple or at most three would be enough to get rid of the fever, having wasted my weekend. And I found that I wasn't done being sick yet. My throat hurt to swallow and I spent the next couple of days feeling hungry but unable to eat cuz it hurt to do so. :(
Wednesday, I was convinced that I would starve to death cuz I felt like I was starving but I couldn't eat anything. Plus my mouth felt dry all the time but drinking water hurt just as much as eating food. :'(
Thursday - I gave up and went to see the doctor who diagnosed tonsilitis, gave me lozenges, antibiotics, cough syrup and flu pills.
Two more days of pain and moping followed.
By Saturday, I felt quite sick of porridge and soup which was all I could eat for each meal the past few days. My favourite milo tastes weird. But I could drink water now at least. :)
Finally on Sunday, I found that I could eat noodles with a minimum of pain and I didn't need the lozenges anymore. I also could eat bread when I dipped it in milo.
Monday - I Declare that I can eat proper food now!
I can eat bread and rice and I don't have to eat porridge anymore!
Did you know mooncakes taste great? And bak pau! I feel like eating cake too but I don't have any at home. But I can buy on Tuesday. :)
(Every Tuesday, my aunt goes shopping at NTUC. I follow her sometimes and buy food.)I'm free of tonsilitis! Yay! :D
So, this concludes the synopsis of my week of sickness. The End.
Labels: Kvetch
mon chef d'oeuvre
2:18 am
__Mary Had
1 little lamb(s)__
1 agnelet:
Omg. Poor you. Glad you're feeling better. Yup. And I'll leave you to your studies. 24th sept we mid way into our mid semester break. Can meet up then. :D Jiayou!!!!
Give lamb to Mary