Thursday, August 28, 2008
Do I smell like Cockroach bait???!!!
What is the matter with me?
What is the matter with my house?
I'm being plagued by these @##$!%$%$ things that come out of nowhere !!!!
I really mean nowhere!
Look, if I had my window open I could say they came from there but my window's been kept closed for days! So where are they coming from???
A fortnight ago, before the tonsilitis, I saw one in my room. It could have flown in from outside since the window was open. It was late and the household was sleeping. I saved myself by trapping it with one of those plastic boxes you get from buying takeaway noodles and the like. My mum taught me to keep one of those boxes in my room for such a purpose. Of course, she uses them on lizards instead. It was the first time I managed to do it and I felt really daring. I used a long broom to push the box of trapped insect outside my room so that I wouldn't have to hear it scrabbling about...
About a week after that, I went to the kitchen for a drink. I don't always turn on the lights in the kitchen since I can find my way around. I was just getting my drink when I heard this rustling noise. I though it was just a lizard since there's one that always comes to the sink but i was lucky that I turned on the lights cuz there was one crawling on the cupboard
right next to where my head would be if I was standing and pouring a cup of water. It just kept crawling about there and wouldn't leave. My aunt woke to visit the loo and found me hanging about waiting for it to get lost. She tried wielding Ridsect against it and succeeded in chasing it behind the fridge. I gave up on my drink then and went to sleep.
Just 3 days ago, on Sunday afternoon, it was when I was bathing...
There wasn't any sign of it when I stepped into the bathroom but just when I had my eyes closed washing my hair, I felt something touch my left foot AND I KNEW IT HAD TO BE ONE OF THEM!!! You can't imagine how violated I felt, being naked and vulnerable in the shower and one of those TOUCHING me when I couldn't see it! AARRGGHH!!! I just ran out of the shower in my towel, dripping water everywhere.... Lucky my brother was home and caught it. The worst thing is that I had no idea where it came from... was it hiding behind the toilet bowl? in the folds of the shower curtain? under the shampoo rack? or did it just fly in from the window right next to my head while i had my eyes shut? Now I keep the window shut when I need to shower.
Then tonight, I'm in my room on my laptop, peacefully reading and nagging myself to get to work on my powerpoint presentation when one of them flies right past my head on to my bookshelf! And my window's not been opened for three days! Where did it come from??? I don't understand it at all. I don't eat in my room so it's not like there's food here, The window's closed so you can't say there's opportunity - like ppl say, when they fly into the house it's cuz it's gonna rain - it would have had to crawl in from my bro's room under the connecting door. It flew from my shelf to hide under the standing fan and I had to wake my mum up to ask her to shake it out. She had to get up, come to my room, and she lifted and shook the fan, but nothing came crawling out! She thought it must have crawled out to my bro's room so she went back to bed. And right after she left, it came crawling out to terrorise me again! I called for my mum and she managed to chase it out of my room... Now, I don't know where it is exactly but I only hope it doesn't come back.
It's driving me mad! In a house with so many ppl, why am I the one who encounters them time after time? Is it true? Can they really smell your fear? But after these incidents, it's got so that when I see one, I'm not exactly scared out of my wits.
It's more like I'm thinking, "Not again! Why me?!!"
Yes, why is it I'm the one to meet them each time?
Where are they coming from?
What do they want from me?
I don't leave food around to feed them.
I don't leave my window open in invitation.
What is it I'm doing wrong that I have to be punished with their visitations?
Am I dirty or do I smell like food?
Can it be that I actually smell like bait?
Are they attracted to me just for being me?
What must I do for them to leave me alone???
Help! Can someone save me from this plague???
I'm driving me crazy! Wondering when's the next attack, not knowing if I'll be safe to sleep at night even with the windows shut. Do I really have to seal the space under the doors with newspaper? Will I be safe even then or are they already lying in wait somewhere in my room? How do I escape from this waking nightmare???!!!
Labels: Kvetch, Mundanus
mon chef d'oeuvre
1:05 am
__Mary Had
1 little lamb(s)__
1 agnelet:
its the spirit of that thing haunting u! beware! "P
Give lamb to Mary