Friday, March 07, 2008
We should go out to eat more often...
*This post is Backdated.*
Went out the other night for dinner with my parents... Bedok ?Blk 170? Anyway, it's that big hawker centre next to the Bedok MRT.

I had this. Steamed chicken over rice, $3.50. Soft and tender chicken, worthy of the description 'melt in your mouth'. Rice seemed to have been cooked with chicken stock and was fragrant and tasty. Got a little salty towards the end cuz of too much soya sauce and cooking wine in the middle but I would still try this again, s'long as I mix the rice thoroughly the next time.

For a change, it was D having the fish noodle soup tho usually it's ma's choice. Tried just one sip of the soup but I didn't really like it though. But my palette was probably already affected by my chicken rice. The sugarcane was refreshing, a plastic cup for $1.50, not like smtimes when it's not sweet or diluted. Miss the days when you get a huge glass for $1. I think you can still get that at Serangoon ChompChomp tho.

Shared the Ohr-rak. Oyster omelette, $4. Doesn't look like much but we were all full from our separate dishes and nearly couldn't finish it... Good combination of eggs, tapioca flour and oyster. The eggs were fried to a degree of crispness that didn't vanish the egg-taste with oil. We need more chilli next time though... Two tiny saucerettes weren't nearly enough...
Ma had Hokkien mee but it was served late. I'd kept my phone so no pics...
Labels: Food
mon chef d'oeuvre
4:08 am
__Mary Had
0 little lamb(s)__
0 agnelet:
Give lamb to Mary