Monday, February 18, 2008
So, concert?
So I had this CNY thing, and was really tired and did something really rare...
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
I slept at 10pm.
...then woke at 4am and made myself go back to sleep...
Was woken up forcibly by my darling (but at that moment really irritating) ~4yr old niece's insistent knocking on my bedroom door at 9am...
They came to visit for fun (conveniently, since they live just across from us... at the expense of my sleeping time which is never gonna be enough, pig that I am.)
It made for a grumpy me....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Went for Irene's Varsity Voices concert at The UCC... Good show. Though as she pointed out herself, and someone else also commented, the Bal-laygi Philipino piece was a little messed up.
My favourite 2 pieces were Chiisana Heya De and Luk Luk Lumbu.
The soloists were really quite power... One of them injured her leg and had to sing sitting down but her voice was still really good! The soloist duet for the philipines folksong was impressive too... considering that a guy was singing the girl's part
(is that a soprano part? I'm not sure...) AND that one part of the solo duet they had to sing ABOVE the rest of the choir.
I was going to buy donuts for Irene cuz I was eating at Macdonald's at Clementi and sitting directly across the shop. Sadly, they closed the shop right after I promised her donuts via hp. I realised later that I had actually watched them closing up because I saw this one employee setting up the center beam, you know, the one in the middle of the accordion grille in shop fronts. I didn't realise what it was until I next looked up from my Mac' Twister fries and saw the shop closed. Sigh.
I was lucky I met SH on the bus, or I would have had serious doubts about knowing where to get off. Thanks to her, who was really very friendly and inclusive towards me, like explaining stuff in the conversations, even though she was actually there with a group of friends.
On the way back via Mrt, bumped into Kok Leong, my junior from MJchoir, whose name I have to type NOW before I forget Again... he drops at KBG too... apparently working admin while waiting to start school... many MJchoristes were there, though I've regrettably forgotten most names as usual...
I can never say it enough, person like me comes with a faulty memory disclaimer... 3 mths loss of contact means I'll forget whoever you are... Think of it as a maintenance check up, if you want, to keep up the appliance... or my acquaintance...~~~ Figure out how much I actually slept? It's a LOT and I still felt sleepy... ~~~Labels: Mundanus, Outings
mon chef d'oeuvre
4:44 am
__Mary Had
3 little lamb(s)__
3 agnelet:
hahha..u forgt those more than 3 mths. so after the sch ends...i need to talk to u evry 3 mths so u wont forgt me ah. hehehe...
Ya! You got that right! haha...
Thanks for coming for the concert. :D Oh well. Don't know what else to say. Next time we go your place, you must make your apple crumble for us to try k? Hehe! Never knew the MJ canteen sold it tho.
Give lamb to Mary