Sunday, January 20, 2008
Kino? Parkview Square! Baked rice! yum...
Went to kino @ bugis today with szm...
Browsed but as usual ended up not buying...
I'm always fickle like that...
Tot of looking for some jap and french language books for independent study then, looking at the prices, decided that I better just buy when I ever decide to seriously learn it...
parted ways with szm then met with DH for dinner...
Recommend the smoked salmon baked rice at Terra cafe on 1st floor of Bugis Junction. The baked rice is very tasty. The soup (came as a set) had fresh mushrooms and was nice... not too watery or too thick though the drawback is it doesn't serve plain water and the ice cream was very normal... (Hmph! Lousy ice cream also can charge 3.90 a scoop... not even B&J's or what... if it wasn't already included in the set meal - no way, man...) Ended up quite thirsty since, ya noe, cheese and soup are salty and ice cream is sticky...
[[ I need a lot of plain water on a daily basis... opp of Vi who doesn't like to drink plain water on the basis that it is plain and thus tasteless... -_-" ]]After dinner went to Parkview Square to sit/hang out and chitchat... Parkview Square is, like, an office building with some sort of high class restaurant at the lobby. The place has some really great ambience and decor... there are, like, balconies inside and motifs all over the ceiling and all that...
Wah... must be a status symbol to say you work there, seh...
(And I know about the decor only because....)I set forth into the den of opulence holding a laudable thirst for knowledge to serve as fortitude and scouted the decor that lay within... Until a Warden of the Palace arrested my advance and questioned my presence in the Higher Territory... I then sauntered out with much dignity, making a show of leaving of my own volition and showing no fear lest the "Guard dog" sensed weakness...
Or...
I walked into the place because I was nosy and pretended I was supposed to be there while gawking like a tourist at the surroundings... Until the security guard said, "Can I help you?" and I replied, "Just taking a look."...Which was what I purposefully did as I took my time walking out, so as not to lose face...
There are seats outside the building that aren't
guarded though... so we sat there enjoying the breeze, night sky, and conversation... DH has Jap text and work books that she isn't using and says she can lend me... hee hee... There were snails cuz of the rain this afternoon.... reminded me of the ones I used to catch in primary school... cute... and DH revealed herself to be a snail-eater... which is okay since I've tried escargot too... but should
not have been applied to the cute, tiny, baby ones that we saw... Haiz... was getting quite late so we went back...
~~~ I got a blister from my new shoe :( ~~~
( It is big. And it is round. It is filled with fluid and thus it is oedematous. )
~~~ DH is lending me Jap books! :) ~~~Labels: Food, Outings
mon chef d'oeuvre
2:08 am
__Mary Had
2 little lamb(s)__
2 agnelet:
haha! i thought baby snails are more tender? like baby pig?
newae, yes u ve excitedly told me u ve updated (as u ve posted twice on my tagboard) so I come to read. N wow, u wrote lots! U even attempted to weave up a fantasy story of "TY n her adventure with the SQ" :P
just a 2 cent worth abt "good person"
my take is that everyone have both the good and the evil sides. No one is 100% good or 100% bad. Yet, we would like to categorize ppl into the good and the bad basket to make sense of the Justice and Punishment that bring order to running of the society. But, I believe it is really, not for us to judge as each person as her own circumstances, history and personality to master, like you say about a person may have the innate quality of being more sensitive to others while another person have not. Its different persons and I don't think we can measure a person with a yard stick.
I like to think becoming a 'good person' as a process. Everyone have their own value of what's good and it differ from person to person too... so it's kinda based on the definition of what's "good" that people strive to achieve their purposes.
So to me, a good person is rather subjective concept that is unique to each individual....
Hey. For the record, I posted twice cuz it didn't show up the first time...
Agree, it is probably both the process and the goal to strive towards. Religion is a factor for the manifestation of this goal as well as providing guidelines for its fulfilment. Agree that "good" is not an absolute condition but a factor of circumstance.
Give lamb to Mary