Sunday, October 21, 2007
Birthday? What birthday?................................................. It's The DAY-MY-BRO-GOT-HIMSELF-INTO-TROUBLE............. ON PURPOSE.
WTH!!! I HAVE to rant! I can't take it anymore!
Birthday? What birthday? This is totally F***ED UP!
It isn't my birthday, noooo. It's the Day my brother got his motorcycle Confiscated by the Police so he could get out of the NS training exercise in Australia!
First, Saturday, I have no plans because no one bothered so I tot ok. I'll go to Yat's open house. Then I hear Fiza's got open house too. But all of it happened so late - in the afternoon - that I decided I couldn't go since I had to be back home for my BIRTHDAY DINNER so I cut short the plans I made myself to go back early and find what? MY PARENTS CANCELLED! And didn't tell me why! I had to eat the usual (disgustingly horrid) food made by the maid! And I found out how? Not because they explained anything to me but because my bro's CO called about gg down to the police with him to get his bike! So now it doesn't work, he still has to go to Australia so he decides to do something else! You'll get more of that later.
I mentioned that I came back early for dinner only to find dinner cancelled so I Was a little unhappy. And my father my said, "you zai guai bie ren" (blaming other people again)! WTF! Wat's that supposed to mean? Oh my, dear daddy, I'm SO sorry I came back EARLY to celebrate my
BIRTHDAY with my family
Because you
Said we were gg out for DINNER! How stupid of me! It's my fault for thinking that just because it's my
birthday and because you
said so, that we would actually be gg out for dinner! Together! I shouldn't have. It's my fault for CUTTING SHORT my outing because of that!
I made
you so disappointed because I came back, so sorry about that! I did it just to put you out, you know. Where exactly in this whole situation was I at fault? What was it I did wrong? Do you think you can explain it to me? Cause
I certainly don't see it!
So I'm fuming cuz my parents didn't bother to tell me a thing, I could have just stayed at Yat's and gone with them to Fiza's, you know? But consoled myself with thinking about how Jassie made a cake and everything and everyone celebrated with me at Yat's house. There was a song and picture taking. I loved it! Embarrassed but still loved it. At least I had that. And I bitched about the whole thing with Szm and made plans to go out next week and cheered up a bit. Since anyway, the next day would be Sunday and we usually go Po-po's house for dinner(that's my maternal grandma. I'm close to her.) and she'll cook and my cousins will be there and we'll have pictures.
So, right. Sunday. The day after my birthday.
Belated/postponed celebration.
STOP RIGHT THERE!Once again, Sunday is no longer the
day after my 21st. It's
The Day My Brother Smashed His Foot With A Drain Cover So He Would Be HOSPITALISED and not have to go to Australia! So in the afternoon my parents are gg to see him at TTSH and rushing about all worried. And this evening we pick up the cake anyway to have a quick cutting-the-cake 'celebration'(read: rush job for appearances and just to get it over with.) with them going to TTSH again after.
Then we get to my gran's in the evening and find, what?
My uncle has flown off on a business trip so his family isn't there. My cousins are having tests (when their school is just starting after PSLE marking break) so my aunt's family isn't there.
So we have a cake and no one to eat it or celebrate with. And my parents are in a bad mood since they're worried and pushing the responsibility of telling my gran about the leg thing. So I did it. I just told her my bro hurt his leg and had to see a doctor so he can't fly off to Australia. Then my dad had to open his big mouth, like it was such a grand and wonderful thing and announce to my poor grandmother that my bro was hospitalised and had to have an operation and start talking so gleefully about cutting stuff and all that. For God's sake! Shut your big mouth! Now you've got my poor Po-po all worried. There wasn't no cutting up of anything! He just needed stiches to repair the tendon and close the wound! So we all troop down to the hospital to visit and waited there for the doctor, for the nurse, for him to come back from operating theatre. And while I was waiting I was worrying about my report which I've still not done and needs to be handed in tomorrow.
I know it seems as if I'm being ungrateful and not appreciating what I do have. I'd even agree if it was something like just getting the cake wrong or something. But it's not! My birthday is not my birthday anymore. It's my brother's Trouble Day! WTF? Even my own FAMILY isn't celebrating with me! Ok, so I'm a loser, I don't have friends lining up to celebrate with me right on my birthday. But my own family? Cancelling on dinner and not even turning up for the cake with no warning at all? Even my consolation prize - Sunday - is also gone! Everybody's focused on my brother because of something he did to himself ON PURPOSE! That's just not on! The worst part is : Ok, you cancel on me, you can't help it, I'm ok with that but saying I'm blaming other people? So now it's my fault? That's what has me so fed up!
This SUCKS! People have parties on their 21st! It's supposed to be special! My 21st is instead the WORST BIRTHDAY in my life! It's been spoiled at every turn! Not even taking into account that it was nothing special. There's other people than me who don't celebrate it special. But the fact that it's Worse than any other Normal birthday I've had? That totally rankles! How many times does a girl turn 21 I ask you? That's right! Only once! I'm so thoroughly sick of this! I hate it!
I'm pissed, stressed, miserable and absolutely sick of it! Am I not entitled?
::
::
::
What I want most to do is destress with ice-cream, my comedy sitcoms, some fanfiction and lousy neopets (which I still don't get why I'm addicted to) but I don't have the time or luxury to indulge. I've got to finish my stupid PY lab report with all this sh%t hanging over my head. I feel high-strung and stressed. As though I've drunk a lot of coffee or something. And my heart is going quite fast... but I'm feeling like crap. None of that adrenaline high nonsense. So I guess I don't even get that. Bloody h#ll. I hate this.Labels: Kvetch
mon chef d'oeuvre
9:55 pm
__Mary Had
3 little lamb(s)__
3 agnelet:
Aiyo, TY uh... you really have it tough man!! But no, its not over yet, ur lunar bdea havent reach yet!! Mayb, something really good will happen!!
And wow, u really got very good friends who celebrated bdae you lehz!! U c, u r not insignificant lah!!
*hugz & muacks*
p.s: jus now, comment at the wrong entry, paiseh!!
sorry babe, been really caught up with a lot of things lately. we shall have a belated 21st bdae celebration for u soon k? take care & smile :)
hey girl,
i feel your pain somewhat. had a horrible 21st back in may too, where i spent the night in tears and sorta broke up with the bf too. was wondering how he could bear to quarrel and pick a fight with me on my 21st -.-
your brother's a sadomasochist, honestly!
Give lamb to Mary