Tuesday, October 02, 2007
*Backdated entry* Blood Donation!!! ...Failed...
This happened on Tues but I only blogged abt it on Fri at 1am cuz of my Laziness... so this was just written...
Was supposed to leave house at 5.30 but as usual, actually left at 6pm...
HSA closes at 6.30pm, you know?
I reached there at 6.28pm... Was thinking 1/2hour - still can make it to class, quickly finish up. Rushed through answering the declaration form (carefully and correctly though.) but still had to wait - I think cuz of it being clocking off time for working ppl so there were a few ppl there. Finally got called in by the doctor; he was doing all the checking and qns really fast and efficiently too. Then had to wait for blood test. THEN
I was told I had low Iron content - low haemoglobin levels (amounts to same thing lah) so cannot donate and have to see doctor again...
I was all like, "Look if I can't donate I want to get to class now... If you want I can come back tomorrow. Just let me go NOW instead of waiting for the doctor
again."
But nooooo, the person at the counter was all, "You wait, the doctor will see you immediately. He will tell you everything."
And I was thinking, "Who wants to hear about 'everything'? I want to go Now!"But later the doctor told me that the haemoglobin levels don't change overnight. I have to wait for 2-3 weeks before coming back. Turns out he just had to give me a list of iron rich foods and tell me to come back in 2 weeks... I was thinking,
'That's it? I had to wait for that? Now why couldn't that counter person just do and tell me that in the first place? Gah!' Then I chased down the person who had my donation card and waited for her to look through the whole deck of 'T' cards she had, to get to the last one
(mine) which was one of the
only two in plastic jackets...
Guess she didn't hear me say, "Mine is in plastic."Finally I reached school at 7.30pm.
(ehhehe... school starts at 7pm... late as usual)
Blood Donation Paraphenalia - The different coloured bandages tt I've collected from each of my blood donations... I'll get purple and blue next! Ya I know... Got nothing better to do, huh? Haha... :)

Stress "Heart" / ball - That I get when I donate blood... Too bad I missed out on that super cute and adorable pumpkin-shaped one last-last october... Really liked it so much then forgot to take when I left... Haiz...

Stress ball shaped as a drop of blood... Cute.

Had another heart and a football from during the World cup season but I gave them away...
Labels: Outings
mon chef d'oeuvre
11:30 am
__Mary Had
0 little lamb(s)__
0 agnelet:
Give lamb to Mary