Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Shopping outing with szm again...
Went out with szm on sat. Bought lots of stuff from This Fashion at Singpost. Almost all my wardrobe comes from This Fashion. I firmly believe that you don't need to spend a fortune on brand-names to look good so around $25 and less is my sort-of budget for each piece of clothing(incudes using averages). I got myself a [COAX]jeans-skirt - $22(10% off - $19.80), a white and a Khaki? [ALANO]tank top - offer $5 each(actual price $15), and a purple velvet? [ALANO]"3/4 sleeve hooded crop top" - offer $12(actual price $18)...total $41.80.
All in all pretty pleased with my purchases. I think they'll look really good and I've discovered that I'm not too conservative for a sleeveless garment called a tank top - I've been trying to push my boundaries in fashion and style. Obviously, peer pressure/trying to look "cool" plays a definite part in this.
Had lunch there at KFC, split $8.95 on the buddy meal with szm.
Then we went to Far East Plaza. Stopped at Orchard MRT Popular to look around and got the ponytail bands I wanted. Spent $2.50 on hair accesories. Walked to FarEast. You know how I'm a real hillbilly who doesn't see the light of day except for travelling to school? Well, first time shopping at Far East. So I got a bag there from a shop next to a korean restaurant or something. It's labelled INDEPENDENCE and really looks nice. Big enough to put my A4 size folder and lect notes plus jacket and all the other stuff i cram into my bags. Yet when I have it on my shoulder it doesn't look that bulky. has enough pockets for me and is a nice colour, actually the last of that colour, the boss tells me. so i spent $24 on it (discounted from $27... but that might have been a sales gimmick...)
//Guess what, i took it to school today and one of the decorative front buttons (the pockets are fastened by velcro) fell off. I'm just lucky I was already in class when I discovered it and not walking. at least I have a chance to sew it back. //so it was late and we went back to aljunied, had this "ham-and-cheese frittatta" at a small shop near her house... it was alright i guess, but not something I would eat less than a few months apart. I've told her if she wants spaghetti I can make it so szm's coming over next week and I'll make my seafood spaghetti for her. (I don't fail at it anymore. I made it for Jhan when he came over for tuition and I cooked those prawns properly this time. He said it was good. So I pass. :D )
~~~conscience: You do know you're gonna feel guilty about spending all that while you're unemployed...TY: Yes, I know but--- ...haiz, this will just give me more motivation to go find some work, ne?~~~
Labels: Food, Outings
mon chef d'oeuvre
12:21 am
__Mary Had
0 little lamb(s)__
0 agnelet:
Give lamb to Mary